Baking. It’s awesome.
When you have infused butter, there is truly no limit to the delicious dishes you can concoct. Brownies, rice cereal treats, chewies, lollipops, cookies, cupcakes, full cakes, cheesecakes, cheesy potatoes, whipped garlic spread, compound herb budder, alfredo sauce… You can go sweet, you can go savory. The options are endless.
But first, you need the cannabudder. It’s super easy, but it stinks up your kitchen when you make it at home, so don’t forget to open a window, and remember to keep this on the highest shelf out of the hands of babes and pets.
Back in the day, when I had harsh-smoking shake at the bottoms of my dub-sacks, collecting it to make c-budder was the best way to use it up. Now, we have really great prices on large bags of shake – you can pick up a 14g bag of Pioneer Farms shake at The Herbery for only $30!* Check out what strains of shake we have here!
The stronger your weed, the stronger your c-budder will be, but we’ve found that 1 ounce of pot to 1 pound of butter is a great baseline ratio to start with. It’s a comfortable and manageable high, and you won’t break the bank. Once you’re comfortable with the butter-making process, experiment with adding more or less cannabis to find the perfect ratio for you!
*Subject to availability
Get the recipe:
The Perfect Cannabudder
1 oz cannabis bud, shake or trim (the stronger the material you start with, the stronger your bud will be)
1 qt water
1 pound butter
Grinder or small blender
(Optional: Rubber band, twine)
- Grind your cannabis fine, like coffee grounds.
- Preheat your open to 200 degrees F. Place ground cannabis in a single layer in a baking dish, and bake for 40 minutes to activate the psychoactive compounds. Stir a couple of times to keep it from burning. You’ll end up with dry and crumbly grounds.
- Bring a quart of water to boil in a medium saucepan. There should be enough water that the weed will have space to float and move while infusing. Once water is boiling, place the butter in the water and melt completely.
- Turn heat as low as possible – you want a slow simmer – and stir in your marijuana. Cook the cannabis and butter together for about 3 hours, or until the mixture is thick with a glossy sheen. Be sure to stir throughout to keep it from burning.
- Set a mesh strainer over a bowl, and line the strainer with two layers of cheesecloth. (Optional: Secure cheesecloth with a rubber band or twine.) Set aside until butter is done cooking.
- When the melted butter mixture is ready, pour it through the cheesecloth and strainer. Allow to drain for 20-30 mins, or until cool enough to handle.
- When cool enough to handle, gather the cheesecloth into a bundle and squeeze out whatever c-budder is left soaked into the cannabis.
- Place bowl in fridge to allow butter to solidify for a couple hours or overnight. Once it’s solid, run a knife between the c-budder and the bowl, and carefully lift the c-budder out of the bowl, leaving behind the dirty water.
- Place c-budder upside down on a plate, and with the back of a knife or a spoon, scrape away the scum from the bottom of the c-budder.
- Substitute for regular butter in most recipes. Enjoy!!
FOLLOW US EVERYWHERE
Check out our website https://theherberynw.com
Facebook – Ask to join our private group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/theherberynw/
Instagram – https://instagram.com/theherbery_vanwa
Twitter – https://twitter.com/TheHerberyNW
Leafly – https://www.leafly.com/dispensary-info/the-herbery—recreational
Weedmaps – https://weedmaps.com/dispensaries/the-herbery
Massroots – https://www.massroots.com/dispensaries/the-herbery-2/
“Funky Element” by Bensound
Royalty-free music from https://www.bensound.com
This product has intoxicating effects and may be habit forming. Marijuana can impair concentration and judgment. Do not operate a vehicle or machinery under the influence of this drug. There may be health risks associated with the consumption of this product. For use only by adults 21 years and older. Keep out of reach of children.